Val Thorens, unbeatable
Benefiting from an unrivalled location, Val Thorens is the world’s most acclaimed high-altitude ski resort. In 2014, it was awarded the World Ski Award for the Best French Ski Resort and the World’s Best Ski Resort. Situated in a vast natural cirque overlooked by six glaciers, the Val Thorens ski area benefits from maximum snow coverage and offers a multitude of itineraries, so you can ski in the sunshine all day long and enjoy stunning panoramic views. Europe’s highest altitude resort (2300 metres) and the highest point in the 3 Vallées, it often enjoys long snow seasons. People come from around the world to ski but also to enjoy every aspect of mountain life. Extremely well-equipped, highly organised and offering a range of activities, Val Thorens is ideal for people of all ages and interests.
• SKI AND SNOWBOARDS: Ecole du Ski Français, Free School Attitude (FSA), Ski Cool, Prosneige.
• OFF-PISTE SKIING & HIKES: read more
• SNOWSHOE WALKS: read more
• TOBOGGANS: read more
• BOARDERCROSS & SNOWPARK: read more
• ICE DRIVING: read more
• SPORTS CENTRE AND AQUACLUBS: read more
• SNOWMOBILES: read more
• PARAGLIDING: read more
• PAINTBALL: read more
• VISITS ON FOOT: read more
• SNOW BIKING: read more
For those who enjoy excitement on and off the slopes:
• ON THE PISTES: La Folie Douce.
• BOWLING: Bowling Val Thorens.
• HERITAGE: Fondation Facim.
• RESTAURANT: L’Oxalys (two Michelin stars) or Le Fitz Roy (traditional French cuisine).
• CONCERTS: Office du tourisme de Val Thorens.
• NIGHT CLUBS: Baramix, Le Klub Summit, Le Malaysia.
SKI WITH A CHAMPION
Discovering the Val Thorens ski area with one of the resort’s champions is an unforgettable personal, technical and aesthetic experience.
ICE DRIVING ACADEMY read more
In a racing car or your own vehicle, Ice Driving lessons are given by English- and French-speaking monitors who strike a balance between learning basic techniques and extreme gliding.
FLIGHT IN HOT AIR BALLOON
The flights take place at sunrise and sunset, and last 45 to 75 minutes.
DOG SLEDDING read more
Learn to drive a 3- to 4-dog Nordic sled for an extraordinary experience in a sublime setting.
HELI-SKIING read more
Flight and set-down in a helicopter on the peaks. Descent on skis or snowboard. This service is available to one or more sites from Val Thorens.